Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Look Ahead - Anna Sui

Dear God,

Thank you for giving us Asians our little niche in the fashion industry. You knew our people would be forever shunned as the least "cool" of the minorities (martial arts notwithstanding) and gave us the beautiful gift of ingenuity and design. Thats right, we can use calculators, we can draw, and we can design the shit out of the West.

Also, thank you for Asian mothers who instill in us the good sense to never dress like those the legions of complacent and lazy collegiate females who troll around in sweatshirt fleece (ie. Victorias Secret PINK college collection). There's a time and place for everything ladies.

God, thank you for Yohji Yamamoto, Philip Lim, Jimmy Choo, Vera Wang, Derek Lam, Issey Miyake but right now as I'm thinking about what I'd like to carry over my wardrobe for college with, thank you so very much for Anna Sui.

It's like you knew exactly what fashion-related chasms and schisms lay right in my path.

All my love and devotion,
Ingrid Pierre

PS. I'm sorry (sorta) I stopped going to church and started reading about Buddha.... also, thank you for Buddha.

ANNA SUI's 2008 S/S collection was THE answer to the Ivy League look (which, since I'm going to the big H, seems like such a stupid name for a look)




I know that S/S is almost retro to make a blog post about but those clothes are so spot on when it comes to my personal lust style.

A look Ahead at her Fall 08 is kind of hit or miss, but I love the layers. I'm not a sheen girl but textured tights, knee high leather boots, and layers and layers of pattern, color, and texture are practically dogma for yours truly. Check out Chanel Iman's Hair - she reps quite appropos for Blasians like yours truly.