Saturday, October 18, 2008

Why Don't Boys Dress Better?


That's it, it really breaks my sweet Southern heart to see cute boys, really genuinely cute boys, who dress worse than a McShaker Salad.

And I'm tired of their excuses:

1) "I'm too lazy."
2) "I'm not gay."
3) "I like the way I look."

I'm not saying I don't have a bias. My brothers are kiiiinda metro and I'm admittedly quite used to being asked if "this belt goes with these shoes" etc. etc. But seriously, it's not hard. Ask a lady friend, she'll tell you.

I'm done with excuses. Guys can keep some of their ratty-ass favorites and just pair them with simple things that take a look over the top.




Forever21
Chuck Taylors, Vans Slip Ons, Coordinated layers, Manly Scarves, Dark jeans




American Apparel
Super simple well-fitting tees, layered tops, logoless slim hoodie, soft cardigan



Urban Outfitters
Clean structured jacket, cotton blazer, v-neck tee, cut off jeans (instead of cargo shorts)


Sartorialist

And yeah, they don't have to have the "gay" little scarf but you can do well with good fit and nice colors. The"I'm not gay" excuse is just a cop out anyhow, because dressing well shouldn't have anything to do with the number of guys you'd like to do up the bumbum.

A clean cardigan over one of the 5 shirts you wear, a casual blazer with jeans on occasion, just a good fitting pair of pants, and not wearing shiny, ugly, basketball shorts when you're not working out... is this so much to ask?