Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Magic of Numbers (44)


Apart from the title being a cheeky campus joke, there is a certain magic to numbers isn't there?
And before you write me off as riding the crazy train, I have to say that the number 44 has me a little freaked out these days.

For starters,
Barack Obama is our 44th president,
Michelle Obama is 44 years of age currently.

Cute little coincidence? The number is a palindrome (one of my favorite things on earth, thanks Demetri Martin!) to boot. Numerologists know the number 44, a "Master Number" has this significance:

44 = 4 + 4 = 8
that base number 8 indicates in China, sudden fortune or prosperity.
44 represents a higher octave of 8
8 represents material accomplishment -- money, material freedom, business, high finance, control, power, success, achievement, recognition, profit, executive ability, management, authority, fairness, and responsibility.

Despite the fact that I know this to be stupid new-age-y bullshit, I can't help but get the heebiejeebies. Numerology, at the very least, points my lovely new Prez in the right direction.