Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving: Forget the Food, its about the Conversation



There is nothing I love more than my hip little family, arguing about who introduced who to what band first.

Do you like ___bandname___?
Dude, don't even start me on that I'm the one who showed this bastard their music.
What?! No way, I swear to God I knew about them before you.
Don't even act like that... this is just like the time when I told you about __another band__ and you "started" liking them.
Whatever, Douchebag...


Bands argued about over turkey:


White Rabbits
verdict: good, "but I knew about them first!"
Black Kids verdict: general agreement that the name is very "wtf"
Devendra Banhart verdict: wish he was still with Natalie
The Sounds verdict: been there, done that. 8th grade.
Santogold verdict: played out
Kings of Leon verdict: awesome
St. Vincent verdict: continually awesome
Kanye West verdict: undecided about new album
Q-Tip verdict: new album better than Kanye's