Monday, August 4, 2008

August Sawdust



Sometimes I like to take an extremely basic concept and overcomplicate it. It's fun. But that's not for today. But lets suppose I added these, which I did:


Suddenly you've got that 1930's steel driver Americana thing going on. Plus, I'm still struggling with how that ultra-short romper is just so hard to integrate into an outfit but Zow! Those D&G jeans were just un-blue enough to pull it together. What I mean to say is, that it was hot and humid today but I still found a way to layer. Mother nature be damned, I will get to wear scarves this week.

childhoodflames was right - summer clothes definitely lack the impact and multi-dimensionality that fall clothing has in excess. Still, it didn't stop Mr. Creepy from brushing past me at the metro with his uber-lecherous "How you doin'..." Wish I had my steel-drivin' hammer to crush his toes, alas I was dressed for the occasion but ill-equipped.

He's lucky I didn't have my carpenter's* pants on.


John Henry - Harry Belafonte

*just kidding, I'd never own one of those godawful excuses for legcoverings.