Thursday, February 19, 2009

Conceptualize THIS, you punks.

What's on the plate this time? Just spending too much time in the VES department, I think that I am perhaps a little overexposed to contemporary conceptual art... sometimes we just want something real, beautiful, complicated in a different way. And what's more complicated than a good male nude (or semi-nude). Here's just a little to get your heART back where it should be.

A couple Saint Sebastians:

My favorite by Odilon Redon, so beautiful and so luminous...

Superdrama - Regnier Nicolas
Botticelli (It's not my favorite, I just think that expression is priceless)

¡¡¡¡Warning!!!! The next picture acknowledges that men have genitalia!!!
AVERT YOUR EYES IF YOU ARE TOO YOUNG TO HANDLE A WEE-WEE.

The New Adam, 1962, Harold Stevenson
It's so monumental, it's just about perfect.

I don't really know why but I think its about oversaturation, so many artists have done the voluptuous, vulnerable naked-lady shdig... also, why not admire the male body in a non-submissive, excellent way?